Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Garage Night

Who loves chasing wires? I do. Not really. Well, I like it a lot better when the wire colors are correct. So far, I managed to get the starter wires all ironed out. Next up is the head and tail lights. Then it's the turn signals and the horn.

This is my uncle's '82 FXR. The first year of the rubber mounts. The tins our off to the paint shop. I'll keep you updated as things progress.

I really do enjoy bring old, neglected iron back to life. And i will be very stoked to present my uncle with the keys when it's all done.

Oh, and by the way, Seafoam...that stuff really works! I bought some on a whim and dropped a cap full in both tanks. Man, once it warmed up, my bike was giving me the nicest "potato, potato, potato" I've heard in quite some time.



No comments:

Post a Comment