So I started off just wanting to do the whole thing with the kicker bushing. And that was a breeze. Well, I didn't realize it was a breeze until I noticed that my battery wasn't charging and once tested, found out that my stator took a dump. Aaaaand while I was scoping things out in preparation for taking off the primary, I noticed that the front head gasket was leaking. And when I opened the top end up, saw some scored cylinders. And now, well, it's almost all apart. While I have all this going on, I figured I would replace the sprockets and chain too. Oh, and also my fork seals are leaking.
When it rains it pours.
This crack in the case really bummed me out. It's just the ridge for the o-ring which I hear is very common but still. Ouch.
Getting this sprocket off was easier than expected. Reverse thread.